Achieving Goals That Really Matter
Goal setting is one of the best ways to get ahead in life - but only if you're setting your goals effectively!
Are you trying for unattainable goals that you aren't really passionate about? Do you quickly give up on your goals? It can be easy to get discouraged, but you don't have to end up there!
With the right strategies, you can set goals that really matter to you and meet them more easily than you ever imagined.
Most importantly, your goals should be yours and not someone else's. The goals that your parents, friends, and family members have for you may not be the same for yourself.
What's Important to YOU?
Too many people set goals to be rich, write a best-selling novel, or marry someone who's famous, wealthy, or otherwise important or influential. If those are truly your dreams, there's nothing wrong with them. However, if they're just society's dreams - and not yours - let them go, and think about what really matters to you. What do you want out of your life?
When you're setting goals, stop and ask yourself, "What will bring me joy, beauty and happiness?"
Your goals might include things like:
No matter what you choose or how many goals you have, you can reach them if you are dedicated and committed to making them happen.
Making Your Dreams Come True
Once you've decided what really matters to you and you set your goals, you can begin to make them a reality in your life. Although your goals will take some work, watching them come into fruition is exciting and satisfying!
Follow these 5 tips to help you achieve your goals:
1) Keep your focus. Keep a picture of the life you desire at the forefront of your mind. When frivolous things try to distract you, as they will, remember to make choices according to what's really important to you.
2) Be open to change. Your goals aren't set in stone. If you choose to change what you're focused on and set a new goal, that doesn't mean you've given up on your goals. It only means you've seen that your goals need to change, just as you change. That's a sign of growth and wisdom.
3) Set realistic timelines. Some goals can be met in a day or a week, but larger goals often take months or years. When you set goals, it's important to be realistic about how long you expect them to take.
4) Divide your goal into small steps. Another great way to reach your goals is to divide big goals into smaller ones. Each small goal is one step, or one task, on the way to achieving your ultimate goal.
5) Avoid giving up. Many people give up on their goals just before they reach them, not even realizing how close they were. Never give up! You may be closer than you think.
These strategies will enable you to not only reach your goal, but also enjoy the journey along the way - all without getting overwhelmed!
Founder, The Natural Life Business Partnership
The Natural Life Business Partnership Membership Blog
NLBP is a national, member-based, professional development organization for the holistic professional or earth-centered business owner. We foster professionalism and growth while providing valuable business support, local networking opportunities and a collaborative professional community. JOIN TODAY!
Membership is the best investment you can make in yourself!
The Natural Life Business Partnership is a Registered Trademark of The Natural Life, LLC
All rights reserved 2016 - 2019
Join our mailing list today!